Whether you’re prepping lunches or cooking dinner, your kitchen cabinets become a gathering spot for your family. As the focal point of your kitchen, a kitchen countertop replacement is a great way to add style and practicality to your space.
If you’re remodeling your kitchen, you know how many choices there are! Here are a few factors that go into the final cost of your kitchen countertop installation.
Quality of Kitchen Countertop Materials
While each type of countertop material will provide various styles and functions, they also come with different price points. It is important that you select the right countertops that suit how you need your kitchen to function:
- Butcher block countertops are durable and can be sanded down to be refinished every six months.
- Laminate countertops are affordable and easy to clean, but damage to laminate is difficult to repair.
- Marble countertops are stylish and high-performing but require proper maintenance.
- When quartz countertops are sealed, they provide heat- and scratch resistance.
- Sealed granite countertops are incredibly long-lasting.
Kitchen Countertop Design and Layout
Another factor in determining the price of your kitchen countertop installation is the design you choose. Larger projects and custom details will add to your final cost. Some design elements that will determine the cost of your kitchen remodel include:
- Size and Square Footage of the Material You Need
- Cutouts for Sinks, Faucets, and Other Features
- Attention to Detail Such as Lining Up Patterns
- Angled, Rounded, and Beveled Edging
- Necessary Sealant
Area of Kitchen Countertop Installation
The placement of your countertops will also affect the price you pay. If your installers need to bring heavy slabs upstairs or in difficult-to-access areas, your installation fee is likely to go up. It is important to check any delivery and labor fees while planning for your kitchen remodel.
Learn About Additional Ways to Add Value to Your Kitchen
Are you ready to take the next steps in your kitchen remodel? Legacy Remodeling can provide you with all the information you need to help plan your kitchen transformation. If you’re looking for a way to spruce up your Pittsburgh home, we have kitchen cabinet replacements for any style. Our kitchen cabinets are the perfect addition to finish off a countertop installation.
Since 1987 we’ve been improving homes with new kitchen cabinets. Just fill out our online form to receive a free quote on your kitchen cabinet remodel. Or give us a call today for more information on planning your kitchen cabinet refacing and countertop replacement!
Subscribe to Legacy Remodeling's Blog