Pittsburgh offers some of the most
beautiful autumns and winters, but with that beauty can also come harsh cold
temperatures that can send homeowners into a frenzy.
Pittsburgh offers some of the most beautiful autumns and winters, but with that beauty can also come harsh cold temperatures that can send homeowners into a frenzy.
When you’re busy enjoying the last days of summer and getting ready for the upcoming school season, it’s easy to forget about preparing your home for fall and winter, but the proper preparation and efficient replacement windows can save you hundreds in repairs and energy costs later on.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure your house is ready for the cold:
- Schedule Regular HVAC Maintenance: Your A/C has been running all summer, and now it’s time to check that your HVAC system is ready to heat your house for the next few months. This will also ensure it’s ready for next summer.
- Clean Your Gutters: The fall can often bring plenty of rain, and in the spring, the snow will melt—flooding your gutters. If there is any debris blocking them, causing water to overflow on the sides of your home, your siding and foundation could potentially be damaged.
- Service the Chimney: If your home has a chimney, don’t forget to schedule a cleaning to clear any debris and to ensure the chimney is ready for cozy fires to gather around.
- Drain and Store: Don’t forget to drain any outdoor lawn equipment, sprinklers, and faucets. Make sure to store them properly before low temperatures can damage them, as well.
- Boost Efficiency: If you have an old house, old windows can let out the heat, resulting in unnecessarily high energy bills. Energy-efficient windows from trusted window contractors can be a great way to conserve energy all year long.
Get Started Preparing for Winter with Legacy Remodeling
If new windows are at the top of your to-do list for prepping for the cold months, turn to the experts at Legacy Remodeling! We can set you up with the energy-efficient windows you need to lower your heating costs this winter.
We’ve been offering trusted service and products to the Pittsburgh area since 1989, and we’re ready to help you get ready for the bitter winter with:
- Replacement Windows
- Low-E Glass
- Argon and Krypton Gas Fill
- Triple-Pane Upgrades
- Window Installation
When it comes to experience and quality, our window company is unbeatable. For more information, head to our website and fill out our online form, or give us a call to schedule a consultation today!